My moms’ friends say that there are no good restaurants with delicious food in Jurmala. And my friends say that you can’t eat cheap in Jurmala. Both of them are wrong. And I am gonna prove it.
Read also: Best places to visit in Jurmala.
Where to eat cheap in Jurmala
- Cafe Trio. Located next to Livu aquapark at Vienības prospects 37 in Lielupe. The café serves simple home cooking. There are tables both inside and outside. On weekdays you can have lunch for 3 euros.
- Cafe – Bakery. Dukats. Located in the Dubulti district at 12/14 Baznīcas iela. The cafe serves cooked meals and delicious pastries.
- Chebureks in Dubulti Or the “best chebureks in Jurmala”. It is located right at the beach exit near the Kinza restaurant at Baznīcas iela 2. You sit on a small terrace and order a huge cheburek with cheese and meat for 3 euros, the dough crunches, the filling melts in your mouth.
- Pancake room in Dubulti. Untitled, just a pancake-pastry shop and a mini-dining room. You can even have lunch here, but for me, this place reminds me to “visit my grandmother” – you come in, sit down on the balcony and eat pancakes. Address: Strēlnieku prospekts 16.
- 4 koki. (Four trees) This is a cafe in Dzintari Park. There are two cafes in the park, I’m talking about what is located on the side of the entrance from Jomas. The cafe has a wide range of prepared dishes and desserts. Suitable for any wholesome meal.
- Red bus. If you want a huge pizza 45 cm for 12 euros (the usual 30 cm will be about 7 euros, and a piece – 2 euros), you are here. The pizzeria is located in Maiori at Tirgoņu iela 21, but you can also order it at home.
- Daily Cafe – a bistro in the rehabilitation center “Vaivari” on the ground floor (it can be seen from the road). Asaru prospekts 61.
- Restaurant Kūriņš. Simple Latvian cuisine. This cafe is situated in Kauguri. You can overeat for 10 euros: huge portions, many types of meat dishes. Address: Kaugurciema iela 47.
- Pandok. Armenian cuisine. Located in Bulduri. Very atmospheric place. Friends and relatives of the owner often have dinner at the restaurant. Children dance, sing. The atmosphere, as if he came to visit friends in Yerevan. Here you can eat very good meal less than for 10 euro.
- Pie Māmiņas. Family cafe in Melluzi with homemade food. It’s really delicious there. Address: MELLUŽU PROSPEKTS 11.
Breakfast places in Jurmala
- Kalnakrastu Rausu Fabrika. The best confectionery and bakery of Jurmala. The confectionery is located in Lielupe opposite the Trio cafe at Vienībs Prospekts 35. The freshest pastries and breathtaking cakes, so the cafe is always crowded. Hurry up until everyone has eaten everything.
- De gusto. The coffee shop is located on Jomas iela 46. Here is the most delicious coffee in Jurmala. But the place is not suitable for long gatherings: too crowded. Drink coffee, eat dessert and then plunge into the tourist bustle of the main street of Jurmala.
- Kafijas Sturitis is a spacious, quiet place directly opposite Brown Sugar. The cafe has perhaps the largest selection of coffee that can be found in Jurmala. In the rain it is nice to take a table by the window and enjoy a hot meal. Delicious breakfasts in the morning. Address: Bulduru prospekts 35.
Top-8 restaurants in Jurmala
This is a list of my favorite restaurants in Jurmala. The price tag varies, but everything is delicious.
- Il Sole. Located in Baltic Beach Hotel at Jūras iela 23/25. This is my absolute winner. Here is a magical view of the sea, amazingly delicious. It is also one of the most expensive restaurants in Jurmala, but the menu prices are fully justified.
- Faces. Place with Instagram food. You order mashed potatoes, and a whole picture is made out of it. Plus, it’s amazingly tasty and great service. Address: Bulduru prospekts 52.
- Giardino. Italian oasis. Outdoor tables are located in a cozy green garden. Food and interiors can be summed up in one word – exquisite. This restaurant has become my favorite with Il Sole. Address: Krišjāņa Barona iela 4A.
- Family restaurant Zem Buram. Located in Bulduri. Delicious kebabs and shashliks are prepared here. There are also inexpensive business lunches here. Vidus prospekts 38 k-1, Jurmala, LV-2010
- Halipapa. Georgian cuisine restaurant In Bulduri. Address Bulduru prospekt 30, 5 Linija.
- RestBar MO. The most delicious sushi in Jurmala. Prices are, of course, higher than in other sushi bars, but highly recommend. Address: Viestura iela 31.
- 36 LINE. Previously, it was a cult location in the Lielupe dune zone, where the entire Latvian and even Russian elite gathered. In 2020, the restaurant moved from line 36 to Dubulti, but it is still very tasty and stylish there. Address: Baznīcas iela 2b.
- Lighthouse – Another restaurant with magical sea views and a sumptuous menu. Address: Gulbenes iela 1a.
Coffee places in Jurmala
- De gusto. The coffee shop is located at Jomas iela 46. Here the most delicious coffee in Jurmala and excellent pastries. But the place is not suitable for long gatherings: it is too crowded. I drank coffee, ate dessert and then plunge into the tourist bustle of the central street of Jurmala.
- Kafijas Sturitis is a spacious quiet place. The cafe has perhaps the largest selection of coffee that can be found in Jurmala. In the rain, it is nice to take a table by the window and enjoy a hot meal. In the morning – delicious breakfasts. The downside is the small selection of desserts. Address: Bulduru prospekts 35.
- Kalnakrastu Rausu Fabrika. The patisserie is located in Lielupe opposite the Trio cafe at Vienības Prospekts 35. Fresh pastries and amazing pastries. There are only 4 tables here, and there is often a queue.
- Simply beach house. Cafe-Bar on the beach in Dzintari. Here coffee is made by a real barista, and you drink it overlooking the sea in any weather – the walls in the bar are glass transparent. Address: Viktorijas iela.
- Madam BRIOŠ. Address: Mellužu prospekts 9. Non-pathos cafe in Melluzi (there is a branch in Majori) with beautiful desserts.