There are too many interesting places in Barcelona to fit everything in 2 days. But, if that’s the only time you got then you will need my plan. However, in my opinion, Barcelona is a perfect weekend destination.
1 day in Barcelona
- Have breakfast at Desayuneria.
- Witness the best view on Barcelona cathedral at Hotel Colon’s terrace. It is located on the top floor of the hotel. It is very important to be there at the opening (11:00), since there is not enough space, and there are many people who want to take a photo. The best is if you would stay in the Hotel Colon’s hotel.
- Take a stroll through the gothic quarter. Get to plaça de Sant Felip Neri. Remember the places from the movie “Perfumer”. Take a picture near the El Pont del Bisbe and at El Beso De Joan Fontcuberta wall.
To create this art object people specially sent photos of their happy moments. The author, photographer and artist Joan Funtcubert, based on the results of the competition, selected 4,000 photos, which made up the image of the kiss. The photo wall occupies more than 30 square meters and is almost invisible to an unaware passerby.
- Have a healthy snack with Brazilian Acai at FitBar.
- Visit Casa Batllo. I prefer this one of all the Gaudi buildings. In the museum, instead of audio guides, you will get a smartphone with a camera. When you point the camera at any place in the museum, the screen shows how it all looked in the original. And if you imagine that people lived here like this, an interior shock comes.
- Walk along the Rambla to Plaça Catalunya, don’t forget to pass by the Mercado.
- Have lunch at the tapas-bar Vinitus.
- Walk all the way to Sagrada Familia and enjoy the view.
- Come to Ayre Hotel Rossellon’s terrace bar. The terrace offers breathtaking views of the cathedral. By the way, this hotel has affordable prices. Book a room HERE.
2 days in Barcelona
- Head to Placa Espana. See when the next train leaves for Montserrat. Buy a ticket and take a walk around the square in your free time.
- There are two options how to get to Montserrat. Train + mini train and train + funicular. Choose the first option. It is much more picturesque.
- Have snack in the dining on the mountain (it’s cheap).
- Take a walk, admire the views, visit the monastery. Montserrat is a completely unusual place that you must definitely include in the program for 2 days in Barcelona. Here, Gaudi got the inspiration for his architectural masterpieces. Pay attention to the shape of the mountains.
- Visit Casa Vicens. This is the very first house of Gaudi. It is very photogenic and opened recently.
- Have lunch at Europa Cafe
- Head to the Columbus Monument (Drassanes Metro Station).
- Take a walk along the promenade. See the sunset in the harbor at the Maremagnum shopping center.
What to do in Barcelona. My advice:
- Do not eat on the Rambla street. This is the most expensive place in the city.
- Download Cabify (this is the Barcelona equivalent of Uber).
- Buy a 48-hour transport card for 15 euros.
- Try the Crema Catalana Dessert.
- Book AIRBNB in the city center. I always choose to live in apartments in Barcelona. It’s much cheaper and better than hotels.
- Take a trip to Barcelona!
Barcelona is not a uniquely interesting place in Spain. For me, the trip to the island of Lanzarote was like a travel to the moon. Read the article about One day in Lanzarote.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my instagram @july_choo! I write about unique locations, movies travelling, restaurants, and so on.